Tube - Rectangle - Fabric - 2.0 x 4.0 - 2.46 x 4.55 x 105 inch [BUILT TO ORDER]
Built To Order ◾ Lead times are usually 2 weeks ◾ High quantities may have an increased lead time
- 1 $3,670.99
- 2-4 $3,225.79
- 5-9 $2,983.59
- 10+ $2,674.39
Features & Benefits
Fabric roll wrapped tubing offers many benefits over uni-directional and even filament wound tubing. That isn't to say it is the best however. Here are a few reasons you may wish to consider fabric roll wrapped tubing for your application.
- Superior machine ability
- Much better durability by reducing the potential extent of fiber breakout if drilled, machined or damaged
- Typical aesthetic associated with carbon fiber products
- Most "fabric" tubes contain a majority 0° plies in the layup allowing for the most effective bending load support. (whereas filament wound tubes cannot achieve angles less than ~7°
|Built To Order||Yes|
|Application||Tooling Plates / Support Structures|
|Materials||Standard Modulus Carbon|
|Shaped ID 2 (Flat to Flat)||4.000|
|Shaped OD 1 (Flat to Flat)||2.46|
|Outer Diameter (Flat to Flat)||4.55|
|Space Flight Ready||No|
|Surface Finish (exterior)||Cello Wrap Gloss|
STOCK TOLERANCE SHEET
Please also note that due to the high qty of ply stacks required for this layup we often see variations from batch to batch when produced. This is a result of the prepreg manufacturer having a +/-3% resin content tolerance variation and carry through in finished part dimensions.
SKU: 25511 Rev B
|1 - 3||0||Inside|
|4 - 5||90||↓|
|6 - 11||0 (on 2" sides only)|
|12 - 13||+/- 45|
|14 - 15||0|
|17 - 18||0|
|19 - 20||+/- 45|
|21 - 26||0 (on 2" sides only)|
|27 - 28||90|
|29 - 31||0|
- 0° Fibers maximize bending stiffness. Consider bending the tube over your knee.
- 45° Fibers maximize torsional stiffness. Typically plied together in an opposing manner, i.e. ±45°. Consider twisting the tube like a vehicle's driveshaft.
- 90° Fibers maximize crushing stiffness and generally assist in overall tube strength. Consider laying the tube on the ground and stepping on it.