BLEMISHED - Tube - Rectangle - Fabric - 2.0 x 4.0 - 2.5 x 4.6 x 48 inch
2.0" x 4.0" ID Carbon Fiber Rectangle Tube ◾ 2x2 Twill Pattern ◾ Gloss Finish
Features & Benefits
Fabric roll wrapped tubing offers many benefits over uni-directional and even filament wound tubing. That isn't to say it is the best however. Here are a few reasons you may wish to consider fabric roll wrapped tubing for your application.
- Superior machine ability
- Much better durability by reducing the potential extent of fiber breakout if drilled, machined or damaged
- Typical aesthetic associated with carbon fiber products
- Most "fabric" tubes contain a majority 0° plies in the layup allowing for the most effective bending load support. (whereas filament wound tubes cannot achieve angles less than ~7°
|Application||Tooling Plates / Support Structures|
|Materials||Standard Modulus Carbon|
|Pattern||3k 2X2 Twill Weave|
|Shaped ID 2 (Flat to Flat)||4.000|
|Shaped OD 1 (Flat to Flat)||2.5|
|Outer Diameter (Flat to Flat)||4.6|
|Space Flight Ready||No|
|Surface Finish (exterior)||Cello Wrap Gloss|
SKU: 25511 Rev B
|1 - 3||0||Inside|
|4 - 5||90||↓|
|6 - 11||0 (on 2" sides only)|
|12 - 13||+/- 45|
|14 - 15||0|
|17 - 18||0|
|19 - 20||+/- 45|
|21 - 26||0 (on 2" sides only)|
|27 - 28||90|
|29 - 31||0|
- 0° Fibers maximize bending stiffness. Consider bending the tube over your knee.
- 45° Fibers maximize torsional stiffness. Typically plied together in an opposing manner, i.e. ±45°. Consider twisting the tube like a vehicle's driveshaft.
- 90° Fibers maximize crushing stiffness and generally assist in overall tube strength. Consider laying the tube on the ground and stepping on it.