Tube - Fabric - 2.000 x 2.125 x 72 Inch
- 1-5 $291.99
- 6-24 $263.79
- 25-49 $247.59
- 50+ $225.39
Features & Benefits
Fabric roll wrapped tubing offers many benefits over uni-directional and even filament wound tubing. That isn't to say it is the best however. Here are a few reasons you may wish to consider fabric roll wrapped tubing for your application.
- Superior machine ability
- Much better durability by reducing the potential extent of fiber breakout if drilled, machined or damaged
- Typical aesthetic associated with carbon fiber products
- Most "fabric" tubes contain a majority 0° plies in the layup allowing for the most effective bending load support. (whereas filament wound tubes cannot achieve angles less than ~7°
|Space Flight Ready||No|
|Tensile Modulus (Stiffness), msi||10.870000|
|Max Operating Temp (Tg)||238.000000|
|Materials||Standard Modulus Carbon|
|HTS - Harmonized Tariff Code||6815.13.0000|
|Surface Finish (exterior)||Cello Wrap Gloss|
SKU: 45146 Rev C
- 0° Fibers maximize bending stiffness. Consider bending the tube over your knee.
- 45° Fibers maximize torsional stiffness. Typically plied together in an opposing manner, i.e. ±45°. Consider twisting the tube like a vehicle's driveshaft.
- 90° Fibers maximize crushing stiffness and generally assist in overall tube strength. Consider laying the tube on the ground and stepping on it.