Tube - Fabric - Bicycle - Seatstay - 0.460 x 0.556 x 63 Inch [BUILT TO ORDER]
Built To Order ◾ Lead times are usually 2 weeks ◾ High quantities may have an increased lead time
- 1 $302.99
- 2-4 $188.79
- 5-9 $120.59
- 10+ $70.39
Features & Benefits
Fabric roll wrapped tubing offers many benefits over uni-directional and even filament wound tubing. That isn't to say it is the best however. Here are a few reasons you may wish to consider fabric roll wrapped tubing for your application.
- Superior machine ability
- Much better durability by reducing the potential extent of fiber breakout if drilled, machined or damaged
- Typical aesthetic associated with carbon fiber products
- Most "fabric" tubes contain a majority 0° plies in the layup allowing for the most effective bending load support. (whereas filament wound tubes cannot achieve angles less than ~7°
|Built To Order||Yes|
|Space Flight Ready||No|
|Tensile Modulus (Stiffness), msi||10.41|
|Max Operating Temp (Tg)||238F|
|Materials||Standard Modulus Carbon|
|Pattern||3k 2X2 Twill Weave|
|HTS - Harmonized Tariff Code||6815.13.0000|
|Surface Finish (exterior)||Cello Wrap Gloss|
SKU: 45246 Rev A
- 0° Fibers maximize bending stiffness. Consider bending the tube over your knee.
- 45° Fibers maximize torsional stiffness. Typically plied together in an opposing manner, i.e. ±45°. Consider twisting the tube like a vehicle's driveshaft.
- 90° Fibers maximize crushing stiffness and generally assist in overall tube strength. Consider laying the tube on the ground and stepping on it.