Tube - 1k Plain Weave - Ultra High Modulus - 0.437 x 0.589 (14.9mm) x 72 Inch
0.437" ID Ultra High Modulus ◾ Gloss Finish ◾ 1K Plain Weave Pattern ◾ High Stiffness ◾ Built with 94 MSI Carbon Fiber in the Zero degree orientation
- 1-5 $194.99
- 6-24 $174.79
- 25-49 $164.59
- 50+ $149.39
Features & Benefits
Fabric roll wrapped tubing offers many benefits over uni-directional and even filament wound tubing. That isn't to say it is the best however. Here are a few reasons you may wish to consider fabric roll wrapped tubing for your application.
- Superior machine ability
- Much better durability by reducing the potential extent of fiber breakout if drilled, machined or damaged
- Typical aesthetic associated with carbon fiber products
- Most "fabric" tubes contain a majority 0° plies in the layup allowing for the most effective bending load support. (whereas filament wound tubes cannot achieve angles less than ~7°
|Space Flight Ready||No|
|Materials||Ultra High Modulus Carbon|
|Pattern||3k Plain Weave|
|Surface Finish (exterior)||Cello Wrap Gloss|
SKU : 45409-UHM Rev NC
- 0° Fibers maximize bending stiffness. Consider bending the tube over your knee.
- 45° Fibers maximize torsional stiffness. Typically plied together in an opposing manner, i.e. ±45°. Consider twisting the tube like a vehicle's driveshaft.
- 90° Fibers maximize crushing stiffness and generally assist in overall tube strength. Consider laying the tube on the ground and stepping on it.