Tube - Stock - Fabric - Textured - 0.515 X 0.645 X 28 IN
Add in Universal joint adapters + End Caps by clicking Add / Customize
Features & Benefits
Fabric roll wrapped tubing offers many benefits over uni-directional and even filament wound tubing. That isn't to say it is the best however. Here are a few reasons you may wish to consider fabric roll wrapped tubing for your application.
- Superior machine ability
- Much better durability by reducing the potential extent of fiber breakout if drilled, machined or damaged
- Typical aesthetic associated with carbon fiber products
- Most "fabric" tubes contain a majority 0° plies in the layup allowing for the most effective bending load support. (whereas filament wound tubes cannot achieve angles less than ~7°
|Materials||Standard Modulus Carbon|
|Pattern||3k 2X2 Twill Weave|
|Surface Finish (exterior)||Textured|
SKU: 45104 Rev G
As Tested Data
SKU: 45104 Rev G
*ALL data in this table provided as reference only. Rock West does not guarantee values presented herein and requires that physical testing & validation be performed by purchaser prior to product assembly or use.
SKU: 45104 Rev F
- 0° Fibers maximize bending stiffness. Consider bending the tube over your knee.
- 45° Fibers maximize torsional stiffness. Typically plied together in an opposing manner, i.e. ±45°. Consider twisting the tube like a vehicle's driveshaft.
- 90° Fibers maximize crushing stiffness and generally assist in overall tube strength. Consider laying the tube on the ground and stepping on it.
Economical Production Process for Round and Shaped Tubing ▪ Experienced Technicians
What is the process?
Sheets of pre-impregnated fibers called "pre-preg" are:
- Wrapped onto a mandrel in multiple layers and angles
- Externally pressurized and then
- Heat cured to solidify
After curing, the solid composite form is extracted from the mandrel as a tube. Rock West Composites has vast experience and know-how with the roll-wrapping process and takes pride in our unmatched quality and efficiency.
When do we use this process?
For smaller, shorter tubes. Roll-wrapping is primarily used for producing small to medium diameter tubes of shorter lengths — 0.250" through 12.0" diameter, up to 8' long. Roll-wrapping is typically the most economical process for smaller quantity production runs.