Leadership Team of Employee-Owners
Our leadership team members average 30+ years of composites experience. We understand that our workplace should be fun, creative and empowering for employees. By empowering our team to create and deliver exceptional products and solutions, success will follow. We always work to make our customers more competitive, and we maintain strong, healthy, and growing financials to ensure sustainable future for the business.
Jim Gormican, CEO
40+ years of technical leadership and business management. 25+ years in entrepreneurial endeavors related to composites technology and building value for stakeholders. Key contributor to development of privately-held aerospace composites company Composite Optics Inc. for 12 Years, Director, VP Operations, President, CEO, and Chairman. Sold company to ATK In 2003.
- ATK from 2003 to 2008, President, ATK COI; Executive VP, ATK Composites; VP Strategy, ATK Advanced Propulsion and Space Systems Group; VP Business Development & Strategy, ATK Mission Systems Group; VP & GM, ATK Mission Research and Technical Services
- Rock West Composites Inc. CEO from 2006
- Rock West Properties, CEO from 2003
Craftsman to Executive. Passionate about building things - composite products, wood products, boats, real estate development and companies.
Vision: Inspire people to do great things!
Keith Loss, Vice President
40+ Years Aerospace Experience. Systems Integrator for components with multi-discipline requirements, Composites/ Structural Design/ Analysis/ Test. RF Structures Design/ Analysis/ Test for Radomes and Antennas. Technical Leadership, Program Management, Business Development. MS - Engineering Mechanics - University of Wisconsin, BS - Engineering Mechanics - University of Wisconsin.
- Technical, Program, Business Mgr for RF Products - ATK/ Composite Optics
- Program Manager, Business Mgr, Structures Eng.- Lockheed Martin
- Structures/ Test Mgr, Program Mgr, - McDonnell Douglas, Inc.
- Stress Analyst – General Dynamics, Inc.
Christina Frederick, Chief Financial Officer
20 years of financial, accounting and supervisory experience. Designed and implemented an online indirect budget tracking system.Re-vamped online project cost reporting system allowing accessibility to detailed actuals, ETC’s and EAC’s. Designed and implemented access stock database to track stock ownership. Successful DCAA overhead rate submissions and audits with minimal to no changes. Standardized billing formats. BA – Business Management- Finance- Point Loma Nazarene University.
Tom Preece, VP, Business Development and Marketing
30 years of product development, sales and marketing experience in composites (aerospace and sporting goods industries). BS Civil Engineering Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo. MS Aerospace Engineering University of California, San Diego.
- Sr. V.P. R&D – BST Nano Carbon
- V.P. R&D - Cobra Puma Golf
- Sr Director Product Management – Callaway Golf
- Sr Composites Stress and FEM engineer – Lockheed Martin
- Composites research engineer – Rohr Industries
Dave Erickson, Co-Founder/VP General Manager, Salt Lake City
25+ years’ experience composites industry leadership. Program management, product design, product development, patent holder, sales management. Commercial, industrial, defense, recreational markets. B.S. Materials Science & Engineering – University of Utah.
- Business Development Manager -- Composite Solutions, LLC
- Custom Product Manager -- MacLean Quality Composites
- Manager, Sales Engineering – Advanced Composites Inc.
Avid cyclist, skier, outdoor enthusiast.
Victor Montoya, VP & General Manager, San Diego
35 year career in operations management, aerospace and defense, medical device industries, lean manufacturing. BS - Business Administration.
- Director of Operations - The Toro Company
- Director of Operations - Orbital ATK
- Plant Manager - Covidien
- Operations Manager - Covidien
Custom and Hot Rod enthusiast. Family passion with vintage automobiles, not only considered a hobby but more of a culture. Build them, drive them, and do it again.
Adrian Corbett, Director of Business Development
25 Years of composites industry experience. Sales management, program management, product design, product development, aerospace, defense, automotive, commercial.
- GFMI Aerospace & Defense – Projects included: Lockheed Martin X-56A Drone, Virgin Galactic – White Knight 2 & Spaceship 2, SpaceX – Falcon 9, JPL – Lunar Mockup, Samsung – Unmanned Ground Vehicle
- General Dynamics – Atlas missile
- Lockheed Martin – Space Shuttle – SLC6 - Vandenberg
Leading an Experienced Team
Rock West Composites employees over 135 people. We are builders and makers. Over 50% of our workforce are technicians. Even most of our team members who aren’t technicians build things out of composites, and it shows. Craft matters. Precision matters. Taking pride in our work matters.
San Diego Team
Our San Diego Team has over 85 employees. They work in corporate administration, design and engineering, program management, manufacturing and testing.
Salt Lake City Team
Our Salt Lake City Team has over 50 employees. They work in administration, engineering, customer service, manufacturing and ecommerce fulfillment.