Rock West Composites only collects sales tax on orders shipped to addresses in the States of California & Utah. In California product & shipping amounts are taxed. In Utah only products are taxed.
You may be responsible for state and local sales/use taxes when filing your tax returns. Please check your local sales tax laws.
0.005" Bond Line Glass Beads + Adhesive = Concentric, Mechanical Bond that Minimizes Galvanic Corrosion
The bond line controller (A.K.A. Spheriglass, or Spacer Beads) are used as a filler and an additive in various applications. We use the bond liner controller when bonding carbon fiber and other dissimilar materials. The glass beads will create and even concentric bond that acts as a barrier between the materials and helps minimize galvanic breakdown. Need a cheat sheet? See our Adhesives Table. Need help with surface preparation? Read our instructions below.
INSTRUCTIONS - QUICK AND SIMPLE
- Be sure to prepare both surfaces by roughing or sanding. To sand the inner diameter of a carbon fiber tube (or other material) use a properly sized Abrasive Flex Hone.
- Follow this by degreasing the part with isopropyl alcohol or acetone and cleaning thoroughly. It is most common to bond to the ID of our carbon tubes rather than the OD given the tighter dimensional tolerances (+/-0.004” vs. +/-0.012”). 120 grit sand paper should work fine
- Minimize galvanic corrosion between two dissimilar materials (aluminum included) by using Bond Line Controller. Our glass beads come in various diameters and can be mixed into the adhesive / epoxy during mixing. This serves 2 purposes, 1- forces a consistent bond line between two concentric parts and 2- Ensures isolation of the two materials
- Choose the correct size Bond Line Controller - This depends on the gap between your two parts. If you are specifying this gap to a machinist, we would typically recommend a bond line (gap) of around 0.008” to 0.013” and use product #1031 and #1030 respectively. Also, it is recommended for every 3oz. of adhesive you use 2g of Bond Line. *Note - Some parts may be forced into position if the bond line bead matches the bond gap identically. This is not always necessary to ensure concentricity.
- Some of our adhesives (titled "Dual Cartridge") require both a gun (Applicator) and dispensing nozzles (Mix Nozzles).
- Additional Information
P/N 1036-2 1036-25 1036-100 1036-450 Application Bond Line Controller Bond Line Controller Bond Line Controller Bond Line Controller Brand Bondline Bondline Bondline Bondline WT. 0.01 lb 0.005 kg 4.536 g 0.01 lb 0.005 kg 4.536 g 0.01 lb 0.005 kg 4.536 g 0.01 lb 0.005 kg 4.536 g
- Technical Data