Carbon Fiber Sandwich Panel ◾ Foam Core ◾ Gloss/Matte Finish ◾ 400mm x 500mm x 4mm
Rock West set out to meet the growing market demand, for hybrid composites sandwich panels at more than competitive pricing and suffice it to say, we nailed it! To meet growing market demand, Rock West Composites is now selling an Economy line of sandwich panels. This 400mm x 500mm products provide a lower bar for entry for customers looking to incorporate carbon fiber and other composites into their projects. This low-cost line is sourced internationally and is best utilized in applications that do not have engineering critical features, but has the convenience of shipping from our Utah operation for expedient delivery.
Our premium Rock West plates are manufactured to our exacting standards in-house. The result is greater strength and stiffness with guaranteed consistent layups, tolerances, and test results. If you need help deciding what is right for you, please contact us and we’ll assist you as best we can.
Quick Facts for our 4mm Thick Matte/Gloss Foam Core Sandwich Panels
- (2) Twill Skin (1mm) + Foam Core (2mm) = 4mm Total Thickness
- 400mm x 500mm
- One side near glass reflective gloss surface
- Reverse side matte textured surface
- Ready for machining or waterjet cutting
- Minimal to zero fatigue failures
- Structurally sound and cosmetically stunning
- Ideal for RC models including multi-rotor airframes
- Service temperatures easily exceed 200°F