Round Pultruded Tube
Stiffness ◾ Affordability ◾ Tight Tolerances ◾ Wide range of "small" sizes
Pultruded products perform incredibly well in bending and tension (pulling) applications since all the fibers are oriented along the length of the tube (or rod). They do not however perform well in other loading scenarios such as torque and crushing. These parts are made by pulled fibers through a shaped die while simultaneously injected with resin to create the required profile. *Note - We do not recommend pultruded tubing or rod in applications such as drone or UAV motor (boom) arms.
CLICK FOR PULTRUSION PROCESS & MATERIAL DATA
The pultrusion process shows great similarities with the extrusion of e.g. aluminum and thermoplastic plastics. However, instead of injection molding the plastic material, the pultrusion process continuously pulls fibers from rolls, which are then wetted with a matrix material (usually a thermosetting resin like epoxy resin). Subsequently, they are pulled through a heated die, which determines the shape of the profile. Polymerization of the resin takes place in the die, forming a rigid profile with a diameter corresponding to that of the die and a length that is endless, in theory.
The pultrusion process guarantees an accurate design and measurement control, perfectly aligned fibers and a smooth surface. The technology is suitable for all types of fibers or a combination of fibre types. A high fibre-volume content is feasible, which makes it possible to reach a high specific rigidity and strength of the profiles. The serial character and the controllability of the process ensure a good price/quality ratio.
- High performance bisphenol A epoxy resin.
- Standard Tg: 248 °F.
- Torayca T700 or equivalent
- Tensile strength (virgin fiber): 4900 Mpa
- Tensile modulus (virgin fiber): 230 Gpa
- Ultimate elongation: 2 %
- Toho Tenax UMS45 F22 or equivalent
- Tensile strength (virgin fiber): 4500 Mpa
- Tensile modulus (virgin fiber): 430 Gpa
- Ultimate elongation: 1.1 %
- Must be purchased at full length listed but we can cut, machine and sand most to order. Select "Add/Customize" to choose your desired customizations.
- Tube And Rod Finish
- Outer Diameter