Click "add/ customize" to add full lengths or to select your custom cut length preferences
Rock West Composites only collects sales tax on orders shipped to addresses in the States of California & Utah. In California product & shipping amounts are taxed. In Utah only products are taxed.
You may be responsible for state and local sales/use taxes when filing your tax returns. Please check your local sales tax laws.
- 1 to 9 $29.99
- 10 to 49 $26.79
- 50 to 99 $25.59
- 100+ $23.39
- 1 to 5 $128.99
- 6 to 24 $116.79
- 25 to 49 $109.59
- 50+ $99.39
Unlike metals which have similar properties in all directions (isotropic), the properties of composites are varying, dependent on the orientation of the fibers in each layer.Roll wrapped tubing is manufactured using multiple layers of pre-preg carbon fiber (and if noted, other) materials. In general each layer is about 0.006 inches thick which means that a tube with a wall thickness of 0.060 inches will typically be composed of 9-10 individual layers of carbon fiber. The number of layers(plys) allows us to vary the orientation of the fibers throughout the thickness, creating a high performance, engineered product.
- Fabric Tubing has an outer ply of woven material (denoted below as 0°/90°). Typically this outer ply is a 2x2 twill weave (diagonal appearance seen below) but it can also be a plain weave (small checkerboard), spread tow (large format plain weave / checkerboard) or other off-axis weave such as a braid. The core of these tubes are almost always comprised of multi-directional "uni" plies.
- Uni Tubing is comprised of multi-directional "uni" plies just like the fabric tubes however instead of the outer ply being fabric, it is unidirectional and most typically oriented at 0° (fibers running the length).
- To learn about our Roll Wrapping Process click here.
*This diagram illustrates a "generic" layup. The SKU being viewed may not have the layup schedule shown in this diagram. To view this SKU's particular layup please check out the "LAYUP ORIENTATION" tab.
- Additional Information
P/N 25483-L12 25483 Application General Purpose General Purpose Materials Standard Modulus Carbon Standard Modulus Carbon Shaped ID 1 (Flat to Flat) 0.75" 1.905 cm 19.05 mm 0.75" 1.905 cm 19.05 mm Shaped ID 2 (Flat to Flat) 0.75" 1.905 cm 19.05 mm 0.75" 1.905 cm 19.05 mm Shaped OD 1 (Flat to Flat) 0.83" 2.108 cm 21.082 mm 0.83" 2.108 cm 21.082 mm Shaped OD 2 (Flat to Flat) 0.83" 2.108 cm 21.082 mm 0.83" 2.108 cm 21.082 mm Shape Square Square Surface Finish (exterior) Cello Wrap Gloss Cello Wrap Gloss LG 12" 30.48 cm 304.8 mm 66" 167.64 cm 1676.4 mm WT. 0.07 lb 0.032 kg 31.751 g 0.38 lb 0.172 kg 172.365 g
- Layup Orientation
SKU: 25483 Rev D
Ply # Orientation Location 1 0 Inside 2 45 ↓ 3 -45 4 0 5 0/90 Outside
- 0° Fibers maximize bending stiffness. Consider bending the tube over your knee.
- 45° Fibers maximize torsional stiffness. Typically plied together in an opposing manner, i.e. ±45°. Consider twisting the tube like a vehicle's driveshaft.
- 90° Fibers maximize crushing stiffness and generally assist in overall tube strength. Consider laying the tube on the ground and stepping on it.
- Technical Data
Radius of TubingThe inner and external corner radii are measured by hand with a radius gauge with no tolerance called out.
- Internal Radius: 5/32”
- External Radius: 3/16”.
We cannot supply theoretical values for this tube at this time. For specification sheets and other data we can supply please review our Technical Spec page.