Low CTE / ZTE Square Tubing
Square Composite Tubing ◾ Low CTE / ZTE ◾ Carbon Fiber ◾ Constantly Expanding Offerings
Whether your project is big or small, we are bound to have (or are able to build) a product that suits your needs. Since this category is new, we are eagerly looking to add new Low CTE (Coefficient of Thermal Expansion) tubing. If you don't see it here, that doesn't mean we don't have it! Smaller diameter tubes listed here (<~1.25") may be more sensitive to twist due to thermal variations however it can be generally assumed that CTE (we sometimes call it ZTE for Zero Thermal Expansion) is less than 1 ppm /°C. In some cases and larger diameters (~2.00") we see CTE values below 0.3 ppm /°C. Note, tubes with unidirectional outer plies may exhibit slightly lower CTE values though not yet quantified per comparing a family of square tube diameters.
Low CTE / ZTE Applications:
- optical benches
- metering structures
- measuring devices
- medical devices
- test fixtures, and
- other precision applications
Low CTE / ZTE Carbon Fiber Square Tube Highlights:
- Allows for the "clocking" of your product or assembly
- Majority "Off-Axis" plies allow for a nicely balanced layup. Majority of products contain ~50% +/-45° plies and a blend of 0°'s
- Easily mount equipment & hardware to the ID or the OD
- Standard dimensions allow for easy component machining if / when needed
- Radius corners allow for efficient stress transfer plus;
- Let's just say it, they're just plain good looking
DESCRIPTION OF TWO TYPES OF ZTE TUBES
ARE YOU POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE?
Our ZTE Carbon tubes offer better than 0.1 parts per million per degree Fahrenheit in multiple axes: elongation, bending and torsion. But you may have a preference on that variation. We offer two tube products to choose from engineered respectively to deliver:
- -POS slightly positive CTE
- -NEG slightly negative CTE
|Typical Values||Unit||-POS (fabric outer)||-NEG (uni outer)|
Note: These CTE values listed are on average 20X lower than typical carbon laminates!
Rock West offers value added testing and custom sizes of square composite tubing for CTE, bend and twist. Let us know if that is of interest to you or your team. Call today!
- Must be purchased at length listed in description, however we can cut and machine most to order. Select "Add/Customize" to choose your desired customization.
- Shaped ID 1 (Flat to Flat)
- Shaped ID 2 (Flat to Flat)
- Shaped OD 1 (Flat to Flat)
- Shaped OD 2 (Flat to Flat)
- Tube And Rod Finish
- Wall Thickness
High Modulus Fiber, Near zero CTELearn More$967.99 As low as: $828.59
High Modulus Fiber, Near zero CTELearn More$787.99 As low as: $674.59
Click "add/ customize" to add full lengths or to select your custom cut length preferencesLearn More$282.99 As low as: $242.59
Returned item, in great condition, just not a stock size.No blemishes.
Not eligible for return or exchange.Learn More
Regular Price: $80.99
Special Price $57.39
33 in stock