Prepreg - Carbon Fiber (Hexcel AS4) Epoxy (Newport 301) - 50" Wide x 0.012" Thick - Standard Modulus - 3k 2x2 Twill Weave (375 gsm OAW)
AS-4 Fiber ◾ Newport 301 Resin System ◾ Adds Strength in 0° & 90°◾ 0.012" Thick
Full Roll ◾ 150 Lft. Per Roll ◾ 625 Sqft.
Features & Benefits
You can use our prepregs any number of ways including, but not limited to, autoclave, press, vacuum, and compaction tapes. Since most shops do not have access to an autoclave or heated press, the latter two options are mostly used for smaller operations. Due to this prepreg’s specific 2x2 weave fiber orientation, you would use this prepreg in designs that need increased strength and stiffness in 0° & 90° directions. The fiber gives you medium stiffness, medium strength and maximum versatility.
Prepregs have special policies related to returns and shipping. Please review them here prior to order.
|Per Linear Yard (1 lyd =)||0.96 lbs (w/out backing paper)|
|Per Full Roll (1 =)||49 lyds|
|47 lbs (w/out backing paper)|
|Brand||Mitsubishi / Newport|
|Materials||Standard Modulus Carbon|
|Tensile Modulus (Stiffness), msi||33.500000|
|Tensile Strength (ksi)||711.000000|
|Fiber Type (brand)||AS4 (Hexcel)|
|Fiber Areal Weight||206 Gsm|
|Material Width||50" (1270mm)|
|Prepreg Overall Weight||375 Gsm|
|Resin System||Newport 301|
|Cure Temperature||250F (121C)|
|Cure Ply Thickness (CPT)||0.012"|
|Shelf Life @ 0°F / 40°F / 70°F||6 Mo / 90 Days / 21 Days|
AS-4 3k Carbon Fiber Data Sheet
Newport 301 - Resin System Data Sheet
- CPT (cure ply thickness)= 0.012"
- Resin System is Newport 301 (Click Technical Data for more information)
- AS-4 Fiber Twill Weave
- Qty 1 in shopping cart = 4 square feet (11.5" length increments, provided in continuous length format, I.e. quantity 10 in cart yields one piece @ 115" x 42" = 39.9 sq. ft.)
- Next day Air shipping recommended
- Resin has a 30 day life at 72° F and will lose "work-ability" if chosen shipping method is 3-day or ground
- Please be mindful of delivery times as Rock West will not return Pre Preg materials under any circumstance
*Values provided here may vary slightly