Tube - Square - Fabric - 3.985 x 4.22 x 66 inch
3.985" x 4.22" ID x 66" Long Carbon Fiber Square Tube ◾ 2x2 Twill Pattern ◾ Gloss Finish
- 1 $1,493.99
- 2-4 $1,343.79
- 5-9 $1,269.59
- 10+ $1,157.39
Features & Benefits
Fabric roll wrapped tubing offers many benefits over uni-directional and even filament wound tubing. That isn't to say it is the best however. Here are a few reasons you may wish to consider fabric roll wrapped tubing for your application.
- Superior machine ability
- Much better durability by reducing the potential extent of fiber breakout if drilled, machined or damaged
- Typical aesthetic associated with carbon fiber products
- Most "fabric" tubes contain a majority 0° plies in the layup allowing for the most effective bending load support. (whereas filament wound tubes cannot achieve angles less than ~7°
|Materials||Standard Modulus Carbon|
|Pattern||3k 2X2 Twill Weave|
|Shaped ID 2 (Flat to Flat)||3.985|
|Shaped OD 1 (Flat to Flat)||4.22|
|Shaped OD 2 (Flat to Flat)||4.22|
|Surface Finish (exterior)||Cello Wrap Gloss|
Radius of TubingThe inner and external corner radii are measured by hand with a radius gauge with no tolerance called out.
- Internal Radius: 1/4”
- External Radius: 5/16”.
We cannot supply theoretical values for this tube at this time. For specification sheets and other data we can supply please review our Technical Spec page.
SKU: 25517 Rev NC
- 0° Fibers maximize bending stiffness. Consider bending the tube over your knee.
- 45° Fibers maximize torsional stiffness. Typically plied together in an opposing manner, i.e. ±45°. Consider twisting the tube like a vehicle's driveshaft.
- 90° Fibers maximize crushing stiffness and generally assist in overall tube strength. Consider laying the tube on the ground and stepping on it.