Tube - Fabric - 0.680 x 0.752 x 72 inch
0.680" ID Carbon Fiber Tube ◾ 2x2 Twill Pattern ◾ Gloss Finish ◾ Fabric Finish Provides An Ideal Machining Surface
- 1-9 $65.99
- 10-49 $59.79
- 50-99 $56.59
- 100+ $50.39
Features & Benefits
Fabric roll wrapped tubing offers many benefits over uni-directional and even filament wound tubing. That isn't to say it is the best however. Here are a few reasons you may wish to consider fabric roll wrapped tubing for your application.
- Superior machine ability
- Much better durability by reducing the potential extent of fiber breakout if drilled, machined or damaged
- Typical aesthetic associated with carbon fiber products
- Most "fabric" tubes contain a majority 0° plies in the layup allowing for the most effective bending load support. (whereas filament wound tubes cannot achieve angles less than ~7°
|Tensile Modulus (Stiffness), msi||12.17|
|Max Operating Temp (Tg)||238F|
|Materials||Standard Modulus Carbon|
|Pattern||3k 2X2 Twill Weave|
|Surface Finish (exterior)||Cello Wrap Gloss|
SKU : 45354 Rev A
- 0° Fibers maximize bending stiffness. Consider bending the tube over your knee.
- 45° Fibers maximize torsional stiffness. Typically plied together in an opposing manner, i.e. ±45°. Consider twisting the tube like a vehicle's driveshaft.
- 90° Fibers maximize crushing stiffness and generally assist in overall tube strength. Consider laying the tube on the ground and stepping on it.