Tube - Carbon Fiber - Ultra High Modulus - 1k Plain Weave - 0.375 x 0.503 x 60 Inch
0.375" ID Carbon Fiber Tube ◾ 1k Plain Weave Pattern ◾ Cello Gloss Finish ◾ Fabric Finish Provides An Ideal Machining Surface
- 1-9 $108.99
- 10-49 $97.79
- 50-99 $91.59
- 100+ $83.39
Features & Benefits
Fabric roll wrapped tubing offers many benefits over uni-directional and even filament wound tubing. That isn't to say it is the best however. Here are a few reasons you may wish to consider fabric roll wrapped tubing for your application.
- Superior machine ability
- Much better durability by reducing the potential extent of fiber breakout if drilled, machined or damaged
- Typical aesthetic associated with carbon fiber products
- Most "fabric" tubes contain a majority 0° plies in the layup allowing for the most effective bending load support. (whereas filament wound tubes cannot achieve angles less than ~7°
|Tensile Modulus (Stiffness), msi||22.12|
|Max Operating Temp (Tg)||238F|
|Materials||Ultra High Modulus Carbon|
|Pattern||3k Plain Weave|
|Surface Finish (exterior)||Cello Wrap Gloss|
SKU : 45550-UHM Rev NC
- 0° Fibers maximize bending stiffness. Consider bending the tube over your knee.
- 45° Fibers maximize torsional stiffness. Typically plied together in an opposing manner, i.e. ±45°. Consider twisting the tube like a vehicle's driveshaft.
- 90° Fibers maximize crushing stiffness and generally assist in overall tube strength. Consider laying the tube on the ground and stepping on it.