Tube - Plain Weave - High Modulus - 1.500 x 1.75 x 72 Inch
55 Msi | 640 ksi Fiber ◾ Plain Weave Pattern ◾ Stiff & Lightweight
- 1-5 $658.99
- 6-24 $593.79
- 25-49 $558.59
- 50+ $508.39
Features & Benefits
Fabric roll wrapped tubing offers many benefits over uni-directional and even filament wound tubing. That isn't to say it is the best however. Here are a few reasons you may wish to consider fabric roll wrapped tubing for your application.
- Superior machine ability
- Much better durability by reducing the potential extent of fiber breakout if drilled, machined or damaged
- Typical aesthetic associated with carbon fiber products
- Most "fabric" tubes contain a majority 0° plies in the layup allowing for the most effective bending load support. (whereas filament wound tubes cannot achieve angles less than ~7°
To meet growing market demand, Rock West Composites is now selling an Economy line of tubes and plates. These products provide a lower bar for entry for customers looking to incorporate carbon fiber and other composites into their projects. This low-cost line is sourced internationally and is best utilized in applications that do not have engineering critical features, but has the convenience of shipping from our Utah operation for expedient delivery.
Our premium Rock West tubes and plates are manufactured to our exacting standards in-house. The result is greater strength and stiffness with guaranteed consistent layups, tolerances, and test results. If you need help deciding what is right for you, please contact us and we’ll assist you as best we can.
|Max Operating Temp (Tg)||238F|
|Materials||High Modulus Carbon|
|Pattern||3k Plain Weave|
|Surface Finish (exterior)||Cello Wrap Gloss|
SKU : 45572-HM Rev A
- 0° Fibers maximize bending stiffness. Consider bending the tube over your knee.
- 45° Fibers maximize torsional stiffness. Typically plied together in an opposing manner, i.e. ±45°. Consider twisting the tube like a vehicle's driveshaft.
- 90° Fibers maximize crushing stiffness and generally assist in overall tube strength. Consider laying the tube on the ground and stepping on it.