Carbon + Ekoa Fiber Tubing
Ekoa's natural look with tight tolerances ◾ Reliable strength properties ◾ Ecology meets high performance
Ekoa and carbon fiber composite hybrids are a great solution for balancing demanding requirements. You get the damping properties and lower density of flax fiber in addition to the natural grain finish. Combine this with the strength of a carbon fiber composite base and you get a well balanced and very strong tube that has consistent properties you can count on.
Benefits of Ekoa Fiber Composites
- Ecological – Like all composites, Ekoa is made of fabric + resin, BUT is plant-based rather than from fossil fuels. CO2 negative fiber and eco-resin is worker and planet friendly.
- Vibration Damping – Natural damping enhances product feel by absorbing higher frequency vibrations. Low density Ekoa offers 3x the vibration damping of glass and 20% more than carbon.
- Lightweight – Our natural composites are 15% lower density than carbon fiber. Ekoa's stiffness-to-weight ratio surpasses aerospace fiberglass (E-glass) perfect for most demanding applications.
- Performance – Ekoa may look like wood but it offers a rare blend of high performance and aesthetics resulting in simply better products that are stronger, lighter and with a better feel.
- Vibration Damping with Ekoa – With 20-30 % higher specific stiffness than fiberglass, Ekoa composites exhibit three times higher damping than carbon and fiberglass.
- Ekoa as Core Layers – Applications requiring the stiffness and strength of carbon—such as a high-performance bicycle frame— can be greatly improved by replacing some carbon plys with Ekoa. Ekoa is light, has great structural properties, and can be processed in one-shot with carbon fiber.
- Ekoa as Fascia Layer – Ekoa composites are naturally very strong and stiff besting the stiffness of fiberglass. Solid laminates as thin as 1/16th" (1.5mm) can be used for structural applications.
Available in nearly every standard tube diameter. Browse and let us know which size you need!