TUBE - 2X2 TWILL - DOMESTIC MFR & MATERIALS - GLASS ID & OD - 5.000 X 5.175 X 40 IN (STICK) 37" Useable
Made in The U.S.A. from U.S. Sourced Fiber & Resin for (& Not Limited to) U.S. Prime Contractor Purchasing
Features & Benefits
Fabric roll wrapped tubing offers many benefits over uni-directional and even filament wound tubing. That isn't to say it is the best however. Here are a few reasons you may wish to consider fabric roll wrapped tubing for your application.
- Superior machine ability
- Much better durability by reducing the potential extent of fiber breakout if drilled, machined or damaged
- Typical aesthetic associated with carbon fiber products
- Most "fabric" tubes contain a majority 0° plies in the layup allowing for the most effective bending load support. (whereas filament wound tubes cannot achieve angles less than ~7°
|Max Operating Temp (Tg)||238F|
|Materials||Standard Modulus Carbon|
|Pattern||3k 2X2 Twill Weave|
|Surface Finish (exterior)||Cello Wrap Gloss|
SKU : 47918 Rev A
|1||(0/90 120 E-Glass Scrim)||Inside|
|13||(0/90 120 E-Glass Scrim)||Outside|
- 0° Fibers maximize bending stiffness. Consider bending the tube over your knee.
- 45° Fibers maximize torsional stiffness. Typically plied together in an opposing manner, i.e. ±45°. Consider twisting the tube like a vehicle's driveshaft.
- 90° Fibers maximize crushing stiffness and generally assist in overall tube strength. Consider laying the tube on the ground and stepping on it.