Tube - All Fabric - 0.500 x 0.548 x 72 Inch
0.50" ID Carbon Fiber Tube ◾ 2x2 Twill On All Layers ◾ Gloss Finish ◾ Fabric Finish Provides An Ideal Machining Surface
- 1-9 $70.99
- 10-49 $63.79
- 50-99 $60.59
- 100+ $53.39
Features & Benefits
Fabric roll wrapped tubing offers many benefits over uni-directional and even filament wound tubing. That isn't to say it is the best however. Here are a few reasons you may wish to consider fabric roll wrapped tubing for your application.
- Superior machine ability
- Much better durability by reducing the potential extent of fiber breakout if drilled, machined or damaged
- Typical aesthetic associated with carbon fiber products
- Most "fabric" tubes contain a majority 0° plies in the layup allowing for the most effective bending load support. (whereas filament wound tubes cannot achieve angles less than ~7°
|Tensile Modulus (Stiffness), msi||8.00|
|Materials||Standard Modulus Carbon|
|Pattern||3k 2X2 Twill Weave|
|Surface Finish (exterior)||Cello Wrap Gloss|
SKU: 46322 Rev A
As Tested Data
SKU: 46322 Rev A
*ALL data in this table provided as reference only. Rock West does not guarantee values presented herein and requires that physical testing & validation be performed by purchaser prior to product assembly or use.
46322 Rev A
- 0° Fibers maximize bending stiffness. Consider bending the tube over your knee.
- 45° Fibers maximize torsional stiffness. Typically plied together in an opposing manner, i.e. ±45°. Consider twisting the tube like a vehicle's driveshaft.
- 90° Fibers maximize crushing stiffness and generally assist in overall tube strength. Consider laying the tube on the ground and stepping on it.